by Crawford Loritts (2 parts)
‘Joy’ appears in Philippians 14 times.
In verses 1 and 2 is one mind. Throughout the book ‘mind,’ thinking and decision-making, is emphasized. Also, will and choice.
Four Characteristics of People who Choose Joy in Their Relationships (#intentionality)
- They fight for unity.
- Act like Jesus.
- Look to God to validate them.
- Remember and realize there is a lot at stake.
(1) If you are headstrong (my way or the highway) will destroy unity. Unity is sustained and nurtured by Humility
Humility (humble yourself)
- Humility is not the abdication of station or selfhood (individuality)
- Humility is not the denial of your worth. In fact, you can’t be humble unless you know you have something.
“in humility count others more significant than yourselves”