Various tips for preaching sermons and speaking from various sources.
Four Marks of Faithful Preaching
By Dr. Jason K. Allen
- Preach Biblically
- Preach authoritatively
- Preach pastorally
- Preach persistently.
1 Timothy 4:1-2 1 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort*, with great patience and instruction.
*Exhort – Do get to application. What does this mean for our walk this week?
How to Be a Good Pastor
- Conquer the tyranny of selfishness.
- Devote yourself to live in the presence of God. Coram Deo
- Lead by example.
- Be a life-long student of the Bible.
- Know the condition of your flock.
7 Ways to become a Better Preacher
- Read Scripture and pray
- Preach with Empathy
- Acknowledge the Hard Parts
- Believe What You Preach
- Pray for the Humility to Learn
- Listen, Read, and Write
- Trust Your Call
6 Public Speaking Tips To Hook Any Audience – YouTube: https://youtu.be/k8GvTgWtR7o
- Captivate audience within 10 seconds.
- Use a prop to catch their attention.
- Include jokes.
- Include stories – captivate with stories
- Become one or more of the characters. Act it out.
- Use Hand gestures and move around