Category: Community

Curating 21st Century Faith Formation

Nice list of e-resources for Faith formation. http://www.21stcenturyfaithformation.com/digital-faith-formation-resources.html

Five Great American Paintings

In 2008 a series highlighting five great paintings by Norman Rockwell appeared on the ruleofreason.blogspot.com/ site. Author, Nicholas Provenzo, begins with the words, “The American painter Norman Rockwell ranks among my favorite artists.”  I whole-heartedly agree! Provenzo describes, in nice detail, five great Rockwell paintings.  They are: Part I: The Scoutmaster Part II: The Homecoming …

Continue reading

A Principled Pluralism

A few comments following the Obergefell v. Hodges SCOTUS decision handed down 6/26/15. I’m intentionally not commenting here on the decision itself.  My concerns are the bigger picture. The decision handed down is contrary to the beliefs of many Christians and it is also consistent with the beliefs of many Christians. I’m concerned that Christians …

Continue reading

Connecting and Community

Yesterday the Pekin community lost a high school boy to an apparent suicide.  Pastor Jim McClarey and youth from his church will be joining us on a mission trip in a couple weeks.  The boy was not in his youth group, but many of the youth going, were friends with the boy they lost and …

Continue reading