The purpose of this page is a reference page to help learn/recall the flow of the Old Testament and provide timelines of the Bible. (For more on Paul and the NT, see Chronology of Paul.)
A few Old Testament Dates:
- 1050-930 BC – Saul, David, Solomon Kings (40 yrs each)
- 722 BC Israel (No. Kingdom) falls to the Assyrians (Israel hauled off)
- 586 BC Judah (So. Kingdom) fall to the (Neo-)Babylonian Empire (Judah hauled off) Israelites become ‘Jews’
- 539 BC King Cyrus’ (of Persia) allows Jews to return to their land.
- 445-443 BC Nehemiah lead the rebuilding of the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem
The Bible Timeline – slideable and clickable.
Traveling through the Old Testament – Does not have years, but conceptually lays out the key time periods and the respective books of the OT. (PDF version)
Bible Hub Timeline – by year.
Amazing Bible Timeline OUTLINE – Sections can be clicked (e.g., 754 BC – 504 BC) or individuals can be clicked (e.g., Destruction of Jerusalem)
A History of the Bible in 16 Objects – Page 1; Page 2.
Timeline Cards – One of the best conceptual sequencing of the key points of the Bible from Creation to New Creation. (PDF version)
Old Testament Timeline Printable – Visual, for kids (does have dates).
timeline.biblehistory.com – website doesn’t seem to work, but the big picture graphics are good.
Bible Timeline Pamphlet or Poster – this costs, but it’s good.
See also my Chronology of Paul page (which includes his travels and letters).
Timeline of the New Testament Books is a good chronology.