April 2017 – Go Where You Are Needed, (2 Parts)
After a while Christians have a tendency to hang around Christians.
7 barriers that make it hard for Christians to go to/reach out to/be with unbelievers
- (over time) We Get out of touch with our own neediness.
- Be aware of self-righteousness (becoming a Pharisee – back door Pharisee)
- View Christianity as our mission. (Christendom does not equal the Gospel)
- We overemphasize the differences that we have.
- We are not intentional. (we drift toward a Christian culture)
- Diminished relational skills
A Pharisee is one who forgets that he needs to grace of God
- Look for prepared hearts.
- Frequent the dark places.
- Make loving and engaging the lost a priority.
- Don’t forget how to enjoy yourself when hanging out with non-Christians.
4 aspects of Mercy
Extension of healing and help